Pediatric Dental Care
Many parents wonder why they should choose a Pediatric Dentist for the care of their child. As a specialist, a Pediatric Dentist has gained additional training which helps them to be able to provide the most comprehensive dental care for all children and individuals with special health care needs. Our Pediatric Dentists can guide you through all stages of your child’s oral development - from the eruption of the first tooth to the decision about braces. We have the insight to give you tools and tips that can make dental care manageable and start your child on their journey to becoming cavity free.
We love to help our young patients feel at ease in the dental environment and our goal is to help them grow more comfortable with each visit to our office. We understand the trust that is involved with your little one and we hope to have the opportunity to show you how important your little one’s health is to us. Our commitment to high quality, compassionate care is what sets us apart.Our office provides comprehensive oral health care that includes the following:
- Infant oral health exams, which include risk assessment for cavities in mother and child.
- Preventive dental care including cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations.
- Habit counseling (for example, pacifier use and thumb sucking).
- Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics).
- Repair of tooth cavities or defects.
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention deficit/ hyperactivity disorder.
- Management of gum diseases and conditions including ulcers, short frenulae, mucoceles, and pediatric periodontal disease.
- Care for dental injuries (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth).
- Comprehensive care for teens with special health care needs.